1 box of Duff’s white dessert mix-made into 2 (8 or 9 inch) cakes, cooled (directions for cake below)
3 cups sliced strawberries
1 package of vanilla wafers or sandwich cookies (crushed)
2 12 oz. tubs of whipped topping
1 large Trifle or glass serving bowl
Prep 15 mins, Bake 28 min
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pans and dust with flour.
Making the white cake:
16.5 oz. Duff’s white dessert mix
1 cup water
3 egg whites
¼ cup oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla (optional)
1. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into cake pans. Bake 23-28 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
2. As cake is baking and cooling, prepare and slice the strawberries.
3. Crush sandwich cookies.
4. When cake is completely cooled, take out of pans and cut into cubes or big chunks.
5. Start to layer the trifle bowl.
6. Layer with ½ white cake, then place layer of ½ strawberries, layer of 12 oz. whipped topping and layer of ½ cookie crumble. Repeat.