1 package Duff white dessert mix
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
sugar to sprinkle on top
*optional- chopped nuts, chocolate or white chocolate chips, coconut or raisins
Prep 10 mins, Bake 10 mins
1. In a large bowl, mix together dessert mix, eggs yolks, and shortening, butter and vanilla extract. Mix well until all ingredients are blended together.
2. Add any of the optional ingredients you prefer at this time. Mix thoroughly.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a long smooth roll. Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill in refrigerator about 1 hour until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Remove cookies from refrigerator. Slice the log into ¼ inch thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are light brown around edges. Sprinkle with sugar immediately after removing from oven.
6. Cool cookies on sheet about 1 minute before removing to wire rack.