1 box of Duff’s chocolate dessert mix-made into 2 (8 or 9 inch) cakes, cooled (ingredients for cake below)
2 (5.9) oz. packages of instant chocolate pudding
4 cups milk or what is called for on the instant pudding package
1 package of chocolate sandwich cookie (crushed)
2 12 oz. tubs of whipped topping
1 large Trifle or glass serving bowl
For the chocolate cake:
16.5 oz. chocolate dessert mix
¾ cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
¾ cup sour cream
2 teaspoons of vanilla
Prep 15 mins, Bake 28 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pans and dust with flour.
Making the chocolate cake:
2. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into cake pans. Bake 23-28 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
3. As cake is baking and cooling, prepare the instant chocolate pudding per package directions.
4. Crush sandwich cookies.
5. When cake is cooled, take out of pans and cut into cubes or big chunks.
6. Start to layer the trifle bowl.
7. Layer with ½ chocolate cake, then place layer of ½ chocolate pudding, layer of 12 oz. whipped topping and layer of ½ cookie crumble. Repeat.