Prep 10 mins, Bake 30 mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and reserved cherry sauce; mix well. Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form; beat in confectioners’ sugar. Place a cooled cake layer upside down on a serving platter and cover top with half of the whipped cream; spoon cherries over whipped cream.
Place second cake layer over first and frost sides with chocolate frosting. Frost top with remaining whipped cream. Serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
• 1 package Duff Chocolate Dessert Mix
• 3 eggs
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, drained, with 1/2 cup sauce reserved
• 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
• 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
• 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate frosting