• 1 Duff Chocolate Dessert Mix
• 1 cup water
• 3 egg whites
• 1/3 cup oil
Prep 10 mins, Bake 25-30 mins
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F for metal and glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans. Generously grease pans and dust with flour.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients at low speed until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed or 450 strokes by hand. Pour batter into pans.
3. Bake following chart below. *Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not test for doneness by touching with finger.
|Pan Size||2 8-inch||2 9-inch||13 X 9 inch||10” or Fluted Tube Pan||24 Cupcakes|
|Bake Time||26-31 min.||23-28 min.||23-28 min.||33-36 min.||18-21 min.|
4. Cool in pan 10 to 20 minutes (tube pan 25 min.). Remove from pan and cool top side up. Frost when completely cooled. Store loosely covered.
*High Altitude (over 3,500 ft.): Heat oven to 375 F. Stir in 1/3 cup flour into mix. Use 3 egg whites, 1 cup water and 1/4 cup oil. Mix as directed above. Two 9-inch pans 25-28 Min ; 13 x 9 inch pan , Bake 24-28 Min, 10” or Fluted Tube Pan 34–38 Min; 24 cup cakes 14–17 Min. 8-INCH CAKE NOT RECOMMENDED